OPC Communications – Troubleshooting
View the appropriate sub section for resolving communication problems with OPC Servers.
- Please note that for the most common communications to Modbus, Allen Bradley, and Siemens controllers Open Automation Software has built in communications that works at a higher speed than OPC Servers.
- If you receive an RCW DLL Missing error install the OPC Foundation Core Components and restart the system. This will be a requirement if you have installed RS-Linx.
- Use the OPC Foundation Sample Client to verify the OPC Server is working correctly.
- If the OPC Foundation Sample Client works use the OPC Data Fix to connect to OPC Servers that do not run as a Windows Service.
- If you are browsing RS-Linx OPC Server and you encounter a problem view the topic of RS-Linx OPC Server.
- If only one OPC Client at a time can connect to the OPC Server set the OPC Server Identity with the DCOM Configurator to Interactive User.
- View the DCOM Configuration Guide if the Windows Firewall is blocking DCOM access or the default DCOM security is not setup.
- To connect to Remote OPC Servers install the OAS Service on the same computer as the OPC Servers.
- Contact Open Automation Software at 1-303-679-0898 or send an email to email@example.com if you have an OPC Server that you cannot connect to.
- RCW DLL Missing
- OPC Foundation Sample Client
- OPC Data Fix
- RS-Linx OPC Server
- OPC Server Does Not Run as a Service
- DCOM Security Configuration
- OPC Server Identity
- Remote OPC Servers
- Networking OPC Data