BENEFITS TO PURCHASING MAINTENANCE WITH LICENSE:
1. Free version upgrades for maintenance contract duration plus 90 days
2. Product upgrades, such as tag or feature increases, for the difference in price vs. the full feature price.
3. If you have the full OPCSystems.NET suite, then new features will be added to your contract at no additional cost.
4. Exchange features at no additional cost(example you have database.net and recipe.net and want to change OPCRecipe.NET to OPCReport.NET, this exchange from OPCRecipe.NET to OPCReport.NET is free).
5. For your maintenance renewal(before expiration date), you pay percentage(20%) of your original price.
WITHOUT A MAINTENANCE CONTRACT:
1. No version upgrades after 90 days of purchase.
2. If you want a change in tag or features, you must pay full price for new license.
3. If you have the full OPCSystems.NET suite, to obtain new features purchase of product feature is required.
4. Exchanging features is the same as buying a new one – e.g. you must purchase exchanged features at full cost(example you have OPCDatabase.NET and OPCRecipe.net want to change OPCRecipe.NET to OPCReport.NET, you will have to purchase OPCReport.NET.
If you decide to get on maintenance after it has expired it will cost double(40% of the current price of the license vs. 20% of the original price) what it would have if you had purchased it with your license.