Blue Pillar has implemented Open Automation Software to gather data from OAS Servers and custom Visual Studio application data to create a comprehensive energy management system for hospitals called Avise.
What Avise does: With Avise, you’ll gain unprecedented insight into the health and readiness of your emergency power assets.
• Comprehensive real-time engine and ATS monitoring of data points presented in auto-generated screens
• Anywhere/anytime 24x7x365 access
— Receive real-time data from your cohesive depms network from any web-enabled computer whether it’s on-site, or remotely located
• Web cam with audio for remote real-time generator monitoring
• Custom screen capabilities including fully-featured animated one line displays
• Remote initiation of Joint Commission-required load EPSS tests
• Configurable test options and setup support each site’s special needs
such as pre/post checklist, partial system tests, 30% load enforcement; supporting the simplest to most complex power architectures.
• Round-the-clock monitoring of system status
• Immediate notification of emergency events
• Detailed reports for post-emergency analysis
• Save time by using an emergency as a monthly test
• Variety of logging types — event, historical, archival, and testing
• Supports multiple logging destinations for redundancy and disaster planning
• Supports database and/or file-based logging
• Configurable log rates that allow customization of logging strategies to meet all your needs
• Alarm notifications sent to personnel via email
• Alarm interface included on detail and summary screens, with a summary display available from everywhere in the application
• Supports both database and file-based logging
“Open Automation Software is a product that takes all of the work out of creating .Net applications that quickly address the business needs at hand. Instead of spending hours upon hours creating OAS level communications and worrying about functionality such as data logging, alarming, remote communication, and GUI component develop, this toolkit provides this functionality at our fingertips that allows us to very quickly get an enterprise-level application based on the .Net framework up and running very quickly. Scalability? Not a problem…” Brad Witter – CTO and Co-founder Blue Pillar, Inc.
Publish Date: October 7th 2008