Frequently Asked Questions – Software Licensing
Select Configure-System Status using the Configure application and view the Totals section of the information provided.
- A warning appears when you use the Configure application.
- Also the Runtime will not start if you have too many Open Automation Software Tags loaded.
- If you are using DirectOPC once you reach the tag limit no other DirectOPC Items will be added.
- You can see how many tags you are using under Configure-System Status in the Totals section.
There are more than 100 tags in the demo tag configuration. Delete the demo tags and set the default tag configuration file under Configure Option Default Files.
No, the one common download of Open Automation Software contains all of the products, drivers, and is activated with a Serial Number with an Internet connection, or with a License Key without an Internet connection.
No, the license will remain active while you uninstall and reinstall Open Automation Software.
Use Configure-License with the Configure application with one of the methods listed in the System Configuration – License section of this help file.
If you software license is up to date with a current maintenance use the steps in Moving a Software License.
No, the license will remain, but do not delete any files from C:Program Files (x86)Open Automation SoftwareOPC Systems.NET when you uninstall Open Automation Software.
- If you upgrade your software to the latest version without an active maintenance plan that covers that version.
- If you remove all of the hard disks from the system that were present when the software was licensed.
- If you remove all of the Ethernet cards from the system that were present when the software was licensed.
- If you can the CPU mother board.
- If you clone the image of the drive to a new PC.